Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oh, The Weather Outside is Frightful...Delightful

So, the Moberly Blizzard of 2011 is over and we are dealing with the aftermath of the storm. lol.  We were stuck inside for pretty much a solid 48 hours (part of monday thru late morning wednesday) and the kids haven't really had any school this week. (it was late start monday meaning they started respectively at 8 and 9 instead of 7 and 8am, and school let out at noon and one the same day in anticipation of the storm).  Jason laughs at this stuff, scoffing at the snow, because of his upstate NY upbringing I guess.  I love it.  Except the part where the kids drive me nuts and tell me they are cold.  lol. 

So when the storm was all said and done and the sun came up on Wednesday morning, we had received almost 2 ft of snow in about 36 hours.  That's huge for Missouri I guess, I really don't know.  But it's enough to shut down Jason's work and allow him to stay home for two days in a row with the kids.  However, now he has to work on Saturday to make up for one of those days, so he's still not happy. lol.

Here are some pictures of our snow.  At least what I could take from one foot, standing inside the back or front door.




 One foot?...you might ask...well yes, one foot.  I was going out Monday morning, to get people to school, and as soon as I stepped down onto the first step outside my backdoor, I slipped and fell and landed on my right foot all wrong.  The icy rain had already started by 8am Monday morning...and I guess I took for granted my two year old shoes and their traction, and boom, just went right down into the slush and left over snow from last week.  I knew immediately I had hurt it.  Needless to say, by the time I got the kids to school and got to the doctor for x-rays, my foot was numb and tingling.

But, to save you from all the inbetween drama...I'm going to be fine.  They said it wasn't broken...lol...but I stayed off of it for two days straight, making my kids and hubby wait on me, and when I woke up wednesday morning...I could finally hobble around the house unassisted again.  I think that by next week, I'll be walking almost normal again.  My dreams of running like the wind might be put on hold for a few more weeks...lol...but I'll be back to full strength mode again soon.

So if you look at this picture...those little lights in the background represent Jason's work.  Somewhere inbetween is highway 63, but this is the sunrise winter scene from last week (end of Jan.) as I pulled out of the high school parking lot. 

Until later...signing out.  Maybe I'll have video next time. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment